The Silver Surfer Vaporizer (SSV) has earned itself a place in the hall of fame for being one of the most user friendly heavy hitting vapes to ever be created! Much like it's little brother Da Buddha Vehicle the SSV required almost no maintenance and can be operated by almost anyone, even those with mobility issues! Unlike the DBV the SSV has a significantly increased capacity and is capable of taking up 0.7g or more in one load! The SSV also has a wand which hangs at an angle, preserving your material and flavour while not vaping. This dangle angle also ensures the SSV makes use of full convection, cooking your herb with hot air only, this is not a hybrid! Due to the protected ceramic heater the SSV can be left on 24/7 so it's always ready to go!
This heater cover converts the SSV into a fully fledged ball vape, increasing the power and vapor production by a huge amount... It is now very capable of combustion if turned up too high! The Baller Series is highly recommended for people who like thicker clouds and higher temperatures! The Baller Series Heater also turns the SSV into a contender for best flavour, it might even provide the best flavour we've come across from a herb vape, all while retaining surprisingly smooth vapor! The Baller Series SSV comes pre-installed with the Baller Series Heater Cover... just add balls and the cap! (Balls, cap and housing are all included!)
If you ever need to adjust your housing, always remove the balls first or you risk damaging the heater cover and heater due to the balls being packed inside!
In short the SSV has great flavour, large herb capacity, is super easy to use, low maintenance and has a long lasting replaceable heater (have been run for 10 years in some cases). The dangle angle means it can be left loaded without cooking your material past vaping point so you can pick it up and vape as desired. It has a ceramic heater, glass housing and food grade vinyl wand for pure and clean vapor. Another advantage is that the SSV is compatible with almost any water tool, simply hook up your hose to an Angled Whip Adapter and pop it in your bubbler!
Flavour provided by the SSV is also noteworthy, this is in part due to the full convection setup but also due to the full glass and ceramic heater pathway, the only metal in the vapor pathway is the Stainless Steel mesh screen! The body of the SSV is made from thick aluminium and has a steel base, these are built to last... and make excellent hand warmers too!
We have selected three different SSV designs (for maximum style) which are visually different but all function the same. Due to the differences in the coating procedures the prices vary between these units.
- 1 x SSV Base with Glass Heater Cover (Silicone Feet Installed to Protect Surfaces)
- 1 x SSV Wand
- 1 x 36" Clear Whip/Hose
- 1 x Clear Glass Mouthpiece for Whip/Hose
- 1 x Marble Pick/Stirrer
- 10 x Replacement Screens for Wand (20.8mm)
- 1 x Flavor Disc for Concentrates
- 1 x "Hempster" Padded Carry Bag
- 1 x Hands Free Attachment (Metal Horseshoe thing)
- 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty Info - Please registed your device upon receiving it so warranty claims can be made.
- Registration for Manufacturer Warranty
- Baller Series Heater - Ruby Ball Conversion kit for SSV
- This will be installed to replace the original heater housing, we suggest checking out the product listing linked above for more information.
- If you want to have both housings for both the original and upgrade experience, please purchase a regular SSV and Baller Series Heater Conversion Kit, then use discount code "ConversionKit" for 10% off the Baller Series Heater.
Loading and unloading
The SSV can be easily loaded and unloaded. To load simply dip your wand into a pot of ground material and inhale gently to draw herb up into the chamber of the wand. To unload you can do the reverse, hold the wand over a jar or bin then exhale gently to blow the material out of the chamber and into your AVB container! There are of course other ways to do it, but this is the easiest!
- Check out the Portavb Universal Debowler, a great solution for emptying your bowl after vaping!
Vaping Herb in the SSV
There are two main vaping methods when using the SSV with dry herb.
- After loading, hold the wand in place against the heater cover, then inhale. Repeat this whenever you want to have a vape! This method preserves the absolute maximum flavour from your material as the herb is only in the heater area for a short time while inhaling.
- The second method is to hold the wand against the heater cover, then instead of holding it in place, pop the Hands Free Attachement (metal horseshoe thing) over the wand so that it's held in place against the heater cover. When using the Hands Free Attachment always ensure the wand is being held securely against the heater cover. If it's loose leaving a gap this will ruin your vapor production. The Hands Free Attachments can be easily bent and adjusted if required.
- With either method stirring halfway through, or before your last inhale, will cook your herb most evenly. Use the included marble pick to stir your chamber or shake your wand while holding it upright to mix your herb (careful!).
Vaping Concentrates in the SSV
The SSV comes with 17mm flavor discs. These are porous black ceramic discs which you can place into the chamber of the wand for concentrate to be loaded onto. For vaping concentrate in this way we suggest cranking the dial to max. The flavour discs provide excellent flavour and can be torch cleaned when required. Being porous ceramic they are fragile so should be handles with care.
Things that affect vapor production (aside from the dial)
As the SSV is a full convection vaporizer the following variables will affect vapor production. The learning curve for the SSV is very small and is effected by these factors.
- Overall airflow - The slower you inhale the higher the temperature of the air hitting the herb will be. The same is true in reverse, if you suck like your life depends on it the herb will be vaporized at a lower temperature! This is due to it being pure convection with a free flowing design. A small tamp of your material with the Marble end of the provided pick can go a long way with the SSV to help regulate airflow and increase vapor production with smaller loads.
- On a related note if you inhale with the speed of an asthmatic snail not enough air will be drawn through the herb to vaporise more than the top layer, which will get very toasty! Inhale naturally and adjust your dial, grind and pack as desired for regular vapor, or if you like it super toasty... see above!
- Material Humidity - The relative humidity of your material will effect how quickly it vaporizes with dryer material producing more vapor more quickly and at slightly lower temperatures.
- Grind size - This works alongside material humidity. For more humid material a finer grind is better to increase the surface area and increase initial vapor production. With very dry material we suggest a medium grind to avoid it being too fine and clogging the screen, however the finer the better for maximum vapor production so there's a balance to be found.
- Heat time - The SSV takes around 10 minutes to heat up from cold to vaping temperatures. However if left on for some hours or 24/7 the Glass Heater housing will also heat up and the glass heater housing will get very hot, both of these aid in providing hot air to your herb.
- You may notice a reduction in vapor production after lots of free flowing inhales, this is due to the heater housing cooling slightly, leave it a minute or two to recharge and you'll be back to full force. If you're running it through a bubbler or Vapor Tamer this doesn't really happen.
The SSV has a simple dial to allow the user to adjust it to their liking. Since the actual temperature will vary based on the variables listed above, a temperature dial was not included. As a general guide think of the dial as a clock face, for full herb extractions we leave the dial adjusted between 3 o'clock and max, depending on the bubbler or setup we're using, and inhale fairly freely. When using a restricted bubbler or Vapor Tamer that decreases the overall airflow, the dial can be turned down so some experimentation will be required to find perfection for your exact setup and preferences. If you're a fan of edging combustion you'll need a slow inhale on the SSV, alternatively something like the Vapor Tamer Dry Reclaim Catcher can limit the airflow for you!
- Angled whip adapters - these replace your mouthpiece allowing your whip to be attached to a water tool
- Vapor Tamer - These provide amazing cooling and filtration for your vapor, slightly restricting the airflow without the use of water
- Saturn Vapor Tamer - These provide similar cooling to the original Vapor tamer but without the restricted airflow, perfect for people who like to keep it free flowing
- Quartz Heater Enhancer - If you're a fan of huge clouds and don't mind waiting in between inhales, this is a great little addition
- Natural Fibre Brush - Generally handy for cleaning your screens
- Cyclone Triple Torch - Also handy for cleaning your screens
- Tweezers - Particularly handy for removing, replacing and holding your screens while torching them!
- Super Soaker Cleaning Container - Ideal for cleaning your glass accessories
Safety and tips
- Don't exhale with the tube still in your mouth, you'll blow herb into the heater causing combustion and making a stink!
- Do not leave unattended around pets or children while on
- Whilst they're fairly protected, hot parts are exposed, never touch the heater or heater cover until it has fully cooled
- Ensure the hands free attachment (metal horseshoe thing) holds the wand firmly agains the glass heater cover when installed. If it's loose and leaves a gap this will ruin your vapor production
- Stir once per session around the middle or nearing the end for the most even extractions. For absolute maximum vapor production on each inhale give it a stir or a shake each time, this applies to all convection vapes.
- Keep the entrance of your heater cover and the outside tip of your wand clean. If they have a residue build up this will reduce the quality of the glass connection reducing vapor production
- The SSV isn't the one for microdosing out the box. To do this a DBV style heater cover and DBV style wand is recommended... or a DBV if you don't care about the dangle angle!
- Silver SSV with Silver Base
- Matte Black SSV with Black Base
- Rainbow Zen SSV with Black Base (our personal favourite, photos don't do it justice))
- If you'd like a different colour combination, jump on the SSV product page by Elev8 and let us know, we can order in any style and save you some shipping and import costs!
Silver Surfer Vehicle, in Rainbow Zen , baller series, an extremely effective beautiful looking piece from Elev8,the padded carry bag is quality. Excellent service and prompt delivery would definitely recommend.
I am a legal medical user so always looking to use quality kit that medicates quickly. This absolutely hits the mark and the SSV is not only very well made it’s super efficient. I was concerned the bowl size might make dosing difficult. However it is very efficient and effective thereby maximising the effects from small amounts. This unit also does not make me cough as much as some other devices. I have since added a Vapour Tamer to cool the vapour a bit further. I have used and owned most of the big hitters and I find the SSV better than my New Vape baller. Like anything it’s subjective but I have not used anything else since i received my SSV. Highly recommended. Finally a top prompt service from RVS. 👏
Absolutely the best vaporizer on the market. No it doesn't have digital temperature control or the bells and whistles some of the other vaporizers give. However it just gives outstanding vapour production and the taste is phenomenal.