Limited Edition Purple Metallic available in very small quantities, 60 were made for global sales... and we managed to get 4 for you lovely folks!
Da Buddha Vehicle (DBV) is a powerful dry herb convection vaporizer by Elev8 - 7th Floor Vapes. Providing excellent flavour, insane vapour production, an intuitive design and minimal maintenance this is a great vaporizer for newcomers and veterans alike. It also provides full vaporisation of your material with no stirring required! It also makes an excellent hand warmer if left on all the time (ours has been on for around 6 months now!). This is also one of the few vaporizers we've found makes it very easy to load and empty in the dark, the glowing heater element makes it very obvious where to put the wand!
Having extra versatility Da Buddha Vehicle can be run as full convection or as a hybrid. Pure convection provides the best flavour and flavour preservation, while hybrid provides the largest clouds and fastest chamber cook. For full convection simply leave the wand out of the heater cover so it stays cool, for hybrid use leave it in so that it heats up with the heater cover and stays hot! Always give DBV five to ten minutes to heat up fully as the heat is provided by both the ceramic heater and the glass heater cover.
After heating Da Buddha Vehicle is an unrestrained beast that provides vapour production from the first inhale and huge clouds on consecutive ones. This vaporizer has also been designed to be left on 24/7 if desired, we have found this is the best way to use them if possible as the whole aluminium casing also heats up slowly providing hotter air as the evening goes on. If they are left on the unit temperature stabilised providing super consistent vaporisation of the material. At 25W max. this shouldn't dent your bill by much. When temperature has been reached the dial provides responsive temperature control and is quite sensitive, so only adjust it by small amounts. Due to the ease of use and insane vapour production this has become one of our daily drivers!
Loading and emptying
- Grind herb to a medium or fine grind for the best performance.
- To load DBV simply insert the chamber end of the wand into your pot of ground herb and inhale to suck herb into the chamber. Don't tamp, just make sure none is hanging out then pop it back inside the heater cover.
- To remove the wand from DBV gently twist it as you pull. This will reduce forces going through the glass joint, making it much easier to remove after use.
- To empty simply turn the wand upside down so the herb falls out the chamber, you can assist it by tapping the side of the wand or using the included marble pick to clean it out.
- Then blow through your whip and wand to clear the mesh screen of particles.
- After the unit and wand has heated up we set the dial to around 8-9pm (imagine it's a clock face), we've found it provides excellent performance between 8-11 for dry herb, however this will vary depending on your material quality, humidity, grind and the speed you inhale.
- For pure convection we tend to use it between 9-12:30 on the dial.
- Clean the edges of the mesh screen with the marble pick every few uses to stop the edges blocking up.
- When it's cold, remove the heater cover every three days or so to clear out any material that's made it's way back there.
- Soak the wand in alcohol every week to stop residue building up too much. Lots of residue will negatively effect the airflow and will block up the edges of your screens.
- Screens can also be removed and soaked, rinsed, dried and re-used. Alternatively they can be removed, torched clean, brushed and re-installed.
- When installing screens first bend them slightly around your finger tip or thumb, then insert them sideways into the wand. Push them down to the appropriate level with the marble pick, then using the sharp end push on one side of the mesh screen so that it rotates into place. You can then use the marble pick to make small adjustments to ensure it's sitting straight in the wand.
- Check out the Portavb Universal Debowler, a great solution for emptying your bowl after vaping!
There are a few things you can add to Da Buddha Vehicle to enhance your vaping experience. It should be noted that DBV is a full, highly functional vaporizer kit and these parts are optional extras.
- The Vapor Tamer Cooling Device is a glass tube filled with glass beads with 18mm female connections at each end. This can be attached to your whip using Straight Whip Adapters and paired with an Angled or Flat Mouthpiece. This is our favourite way to use Da Buddha Vehicle.
- Angled or Flat Mouthpieces can be attached directly to your whip to serve as an upgrade for the included one. Our favourites are the Angled Mouthpieces.
- Spare 15.8mm Mesh Screens are available, for extra particle filtration you might want to double stack these.
- For bubbler use we suggest the Globe Perc - Mini Bubbler, this bubbler has very low draw resistance and minimal backflow so pairs up very nicely with DBV.
- Super Soaker Cleaning Container - Ideal for cleaning your glass accessories
For even more information you can check out Elev8's Da Buddha Vehicle page!
- Designed, assembled and tested by Elev8 in Colorado
- 0.2-0.3g max capacity
- Fully adjustable temperature
- High Purity Alumina Ceramic Heater
- Schott Brand borosilicate glass heater cover
- Durable, anodized black housing
- Stable Base
- A stay-cool design, the outside is safe to touch during vaporizing!
- Easy change screen
- Tool free loading
- Unrestricted Airflow
- Extra long power cable
- 220V Version with UK 3-pin Plug
- 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty Info
- Registration for Manufacturer Warranty
We should add that this vape isn't really compatible with large water tools, due to the angle of the wand and herb chamber back-pressure from bubblers can force herb into the heater causing accidental combustion. We have found the Globe Perc Mini Bubbler paired with an Angled Whip Adapter provides a great solution for this.
What's in the kit
- Da Buddha Vaporizer assembled with a borosilicate glass Heater Cover and Aluminum knob
- Padded Storage Bag made of a durable hemp and polyester blend called "hempster"
- Packet of 10 15.8mm Replacement Screens for your Wand
- Ground Glass Clear Wand
- Clear Glass mouthpiece
- Stainless Steel Marble Pick (Marble End is hand made so it may not fit inside the wand)
- 3ft Whip Tubing made of clear food-grade vinyl
Absolutely stunning workhorse!
I have the baller version of the SSV but since buying the DBV I’ve found a new favourite. No frills or dangle angle, just set the temperature, fill it and vape away, it’s an absolute beast for micro dosing & will do far more than just that.
I'm really happy with this vape but there was a bit of a learning curve, but well worth it. I have learned to never put the dial past 10-11 o clock position. When I first started to use it wasnt getting great results it kept combusting, I realised I had it set to high but was still combusting here and there even at the 11 o clock position. However, I have found a real easy solution to this. I also own and arizer eq and turns out the basket screens on the eq fit snugly into the end of the dbv wand so after I have put a little flower in before inserting the wand have put the basket screen on the end and havent combusted once even at a little higher temperature, the basket screens are really cheap too. As for the vapour its really tasty and there is virtually zero draw resistance even if flower packed in quite tight, never had such an easy air pathway on a vape before. It does require a stir every 3 or 4 goes but its well worth it as get a nice dense bit of vapour after the stir, I never fill it over a third, sometimes I do way less than this, literally a pinch, but at a third it lasts about 10 or so nice pulls. Lovely flavour at the start and it hits pretty strong too. I was quite perplexed as to why there is such a low amount of variation on the low end of the temp and loads at the high end past the point of combustion, however I had some resin recently and have found that if dbv is set to 3oclock position (which is way too high for flower) can get a decent vape out of that and most of my other vapes wont do resin at all, so I guess this answers the temperature range variation issue. Its lovely not running out of batteries/butane and if you vape most at home, makes no odds having to plug it in, ive pretty much left it on 24/7 as frequently forget to turn it off at bedtime. Has an awesome hemp carry case too, which is worth £20-30 itself, nice bonus. The only thing left to say is superb service from Matt, he answered all my questions and gave me some really sound advice/context and put up with some awkward delivery requests on my part. All in all great vape and great service, definitely will be coming here next time I need to restock
Thanks for the review Nick, very pleased to hear you're getting on with it. 10-11 on the dial sounds spot on, that's good to know those little basket screens fit too!
This is a fantastic device in every way. I've had mine a couple of weeks now and I really couldn't be happier with it. It's beautifully simple to use and care for and gives perfect hits every single time. I was expecting a bit of a learning curve but that wasn't the case at all. It's so easy to dial in the flavourful hits that I like. It's also looks good. My living room is small and it fits in completely unlike many bulkier desktops would. Honestly, I can't recommend Da Buddha enough. When you add in the outstanding service from Matt and the great price it's definitely a fantastic purchase 👌
I'd seen these but didn't really consider getting one until Matt suggested it. I'm very glad he did, this thing is a cloud machine. I thought I'd be constantly tweaking with that temperature control but in reality I just leave it at around the 11 o'clock position and it vaporises everything I chuck in the wand. It's not fussy, herb still a tad damp is not a challenge, it just produces even more vapour than usual lol. It is simple to load, use and clean. I usually see some fault or compromise in virtually every product but this thing..... Maybe I can fault it for being too good lol. Warning! Da Buddha after a long session with decent herb could potentially induce something close to a religious experience!
If you buy one try to get a spare wand and hose. I don't recommend trying to clean the hose, I wrecked my original one by using fairy liquid. Even after multiple rinsings it produced a taste I'll never forget......
I recommend Da budda to anyone but especially those who enjoy the flavour a convection vape can deliver.
I also recommend recommended. The service Matt delivers is first class every time.
Ah I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the kind words :)
Can’t rate the service or product high enough!!
Matt from recommended vape supplies gave me a good insight from the get go, answered all my questions even though I may have asked one too many haha, helped me find the perfect product for me!
About the product- I bought a DBV and it is just next level, the vapour clouds and flavour it can produce is insane and the amount you need to put in the bowl is minuscule, all in all a great purchase
-FYI the want is a tad delicate as I dropped mine today and the bowl end shattered, keep it safe!
Thanking you! Hahah that's all good, I don't mind questions that lead to answers :)