Turn your DynaVap into a beast!
The Vaphit Silver Collar (VSC) for DynaVap is a conduction based thermal mass enhancer for the DynaVap. Compatible with any DynaVap Cap it allows you to heat the device in one spot (the logo) with a single flame, without rotating it, then vaporize the entire contents of the chamber with one heat cycle (providing you have the lung capacity!). This is possible because the VSC adds a huge amount of thermal mass to the cap, keeping it hot for much longer.
Simply place the Silver Collar around your DynaVap Cap, give it a squeeze to ensure it makes good contact, then heat the logo using a micro blowtorch. There is no need to rotate/spin the device when using a Silver Collar.
Due to the increased thermal mass your DynaVap will take a little longer to reach the cooling click after use, this is perfectly normal and the speed can be increased by placing it on a cooling magnet such as those in the Reload or the Big Rig Globe Stand.
A final nice little feature of the Vaphit Silver Collar is the ability to polish them up with the provided buffer, this makes no functional difference but it sure makes them look pretty! Please see the final image for the difference, the lightly polished one is on the left. Further polishing could be carried out though you avoid using polishes like Silvo which contain coating agents to avoid oxidation.
We now have two versions!
- The Large Collar - This is our original and is 12mm long. The Large Collar is compatible with all DynaVap Cap removers such as the one found on the Mad Heaters Reload. This version provides lots of additional thermal mass and can be heated for up to three seconds past the click to provide a full session in one heat cycle. The Large collar is compatible with Single Flame Torches.
- The Extra Large Collar (RVS UK Exclusive) - The Extra Large Collar has been extended to 15mm, an extra 25% thermal mass over the Large Version and 50% more than the original Vaphit Silver Collar. These can't be used with decappers such as those found on the Reload but provide an easier heating experience than the Large Collars. The extra mass means you can heat this to the click, or for one second past the click (setup dependent) to extract the chamber contents in one heat cycle! The Extra Large Collar is compatible with single and triple flame torches such as the Cyclone. We wouldn't advise using a Big Shot or similar for these setups.
Due to the extra weight from the VSC; after installing the collar you may need give it and the cap a firm squeeze to adjust the cap shape slightly. This is to stop it falling off your DynaVap Tip, something which only seems to happen with certain setups e.g. Titanium Tip with the Captive cap and XL Collar (our preferred setup).
If your cap stap stays without adjustment put we'd suggest leaving it on the tip and then giving it a firm squeeze to ensure the collar is fitted as closely as possible! This will stop it moving around, improve the heat transfer and performance.
- Vaphit Silver Collar
- Compatible with all DynaVap Caps and Captive Caps
- Large 12mm or
- Extra Large 15mm (UK Exclusive to RVS)
- Made from 99.99% (minimum) pure Silver
- Includes Silver Buffer for Polishing (a fine grain file)
- Induction heater compatible
- Always install the VSC as low on the DynaVap Cap as possible (without an overhang) to provide the best performance.
- After you have installed the VSC onto your cap, place the cap onto your DynaVap Tip and squeeze the sides of the VSC firmly so that the cap grips the tip securely and will not fall off during use!
- During use and over time the surface of the VSC will oxidise and become dull. This is normal and does not need addressing. However you can polish them up as desired to keep them shiny!
- If torch cleaning (not really needed or advised but we know people love a torch clean) do not heat the VSC past red hot as Silver melts at just under 1000C and a Butane blowtorch is capable of heating it hotter. This is not an issue for regular use, it takes a larger torch or a very long time, you'd ruin your DynaVap long before and probably melt the hand which is holding it too... Just a safety note, Silver melts innit!
- On a related note these will make your DynaVap hotter than usual after user due to the additional thermal mass provided by the VSC. You may need to leave it for a moment between sessions!
Listing is for the VSC only. Other parts are shown for demonstration purposes. Please note these photos were taken on the low temp captive cap (picked up the wrong one) which is slightly longer than the regular one!
I do pair the XL VSC with a low-temp captive cap on an M+ tip and Revolve 2 stem.
Taken just to the click, this completely extracts to medium roast coffee brown in one heat cycle. What is amazing is how long the session lasts. Not over exaggerating when I say I can take 8 slow paced hits in the course of a couple minutes. So flavorful and not ever come close to combustion.
Had completely changed the game for me!
Thanks for the review! That is an excellent setup I'm very pleased you're happy with it!
Great store, great customer service and great products! Thanks!
TIL what a boy called Austyn wishes that his product was.
Buy one now, you won't regret it.
XL version does not fit into Dynatec Apollo II IH, works incredibly well with IH that it does fit into.
Review of the item ....says what the item does. This can kill off a whole bowl in one go. It's a thermal wrap but with a wicked looking design and covers the entire cap so the entire load. Dynavap is a different beast with one of these applied 😁