- Check the screws which clamp the coil legs are firmly screwed in.
- Check the 510 pin in the base of the atomizer is fully screwed in.
- First things first set up your mod with the settings listed below, when this is done set the desired temperature then load the cup coil with a small amount of concentrate, generally around the size of a grain of rice (basmati, long grain, whatever, just not a puffed rice size dab!).
- Hold the fire button on your mod or if you have a DNA-C mod, use auto-fire. If using a regular mod you will need to release and re-press the fire button when the shut off timer cut the power off to continue heating the cup. We suggest starting your inhale when the temperature reaches around 160 C to avoid losing some of the effect and flavour of the material you're diffusing. Release the power or cancel auto-fire around three seconds before you finish inhaling to help the bucket cool and preserve your concentrate for the next inhale.
- Wipe clean after use with a q-tip. Cleaning instructions are listed below.
- Please note: The V5 Diffuser Cap gets hot after a session, please allow it to cool briefly before removing it to clean the cup.
- Please also note: The V5 Diffuser cap has a glass window tube contained in it, the metal grip on the bottom of the airflow cap can be unscrewed allowing easy access to the glass for cleaning or replacement. To load the diffuser please remove the whole top cap by the grip in the usual way, you do not need to unscrew the cap to load the cup coil. If you've been doing this, don't worry, you aren't the only one.
- TCR only - 45W with TCR 200 - Temp between 200-280c
- Take a new cold coil resistance reading on your mod then lock if desired. Cold coil resistance is generally between 0.46 and 0.51
- Heat time is around 12 seconds
Accessories and replacement parts
- V5 diffuser base - now with copper screws
- Installed Heater
- Installed Zirconia spacer
- Windowed airflow cap with vortex airflow and integral heat sink
- Spare Heater
- Spare glass tube
- Spare screws and Allan key
- Spare o-rings
- Key-ring Dab tool (our design)
- Alcohol pads
- Ceramic Heater (AIN)
- Stainless Steel and Glass body
- Steel mouthpiece
- 22mm outer diameter (OD) Base
- 24mm OD Airflow cap
- 510 threaded base for use with Mod boxes
- Ceramic, metal and glass vapour path
- ROHS certified
- To maintain a clean heater always keep the temperature below 260C and leave a small amount of residue in the bucket, most concentrates will have a little residue left over (often oily) which contains no useful compounds as they've already been vaporized out, this is the fraction that is suggested to be left behind for cleaning. Gently swab the heater after each use while it is still warm to soak up any residue, do not apply pressure to clean or you risk damaging the heater connections.
- Burn off Cycles can be performed at 37W Max for one minute (required DNA-C mod) if needed this can be restarted after allowing the heaters to cool for a couple of seconds in between cycles. Heaters can be cleaned at higher wattages but may break, we have had success at 45W but 37W is the maximum reliable cleaning wattage.
- Do not torch clean the Zirconia spacer as it may crack due to heat stress and uneven thermal expansion
- We always advice to keep your o-rings well lubricated to avoid the cap becoming stuck due to residues!
- Can I use the V5 on wattage mode?
- Yes but you will have a reduced experience and risk burning your material. For wattage mode we suggest using a dedicated wattage based coil or a diffuser/vaporizer which heats more slowly and preferably has a stick resistant surface such as Silicon Carbide (SiC).
- Is it compatible with V4 Crucible bottomless bangers and glass caps?
- The V5 Micro Diffuser has it's own range of glassware as it has different dimensions.
- Is it compatible with terp balls?
- Yes, much like the V4 Crucible this works well with 4mm and 5mm terp balls though we haven't found the make as much difference here.
Probably the best diffuser that can be bought around this price range, takes a bit of setting up but worth it for sure
Having done months of research and saving up for a portable option, I got the V5 rather than getting an all in one dab rig or a TinyMight.
Even with the bottomless banger and glass vortex cap for hydrotubes, AND the v2 ceramic herb atomiser (got it first to aquaint myself with 510 mods and to have a portable 510 herb option too) as well as a box mod and battery, its better value than the tinymight, and more interesting to play with.
Only downsides, my missus hates me for ruining her clothes iron. And now i like concentrates.
Very pleased with my purchase.
Once again, thankyou Matt.
Amazing quality and performance,I regretted that I didn't buy it sooner. Super fast delivery.Super happy!!! A+++++
Borrowed a Peak from a friend and looked around for something cheaper that hits as well but able to change batteries and ability to mod and ended up here after some forum reading. Great info and tips on the site and more if you seek it out around the web. As for the service from RecVapes.....Top marks, no hassle and speedy delivery...thanks!
RecVapeS strikes again with another beauty. The dtv5 is hands down simply the best concentrates atomiser around at the moment, taste is great because of the ceramic bowl and the heated walls mean less waste, more taste.
I also grabbed the bottomless banger and 510 extension cable and pairing those with the dtv5, bb and an arctic fox mod has given me my dream setup.
Thanks once again to the team at RecVapeS because they really are the best in the business!
Thanks for the kind words, I'm pleased to hear you like it.. also.. less waste, more taste.. that's a great catchphrase!! Yoink?