Vandy Vape produce high quality complex vape and heater wire spools. We have chosen a selection of the highest performance wires in SS316L and Kanthal A1 for various setups such as the TRVP V2, StemPod Si or most other RDAs. For building quality coils a Coil Winding Kit is recommended.
SS316L Wires are suitable for use with SS temp control settings. They have a good level of oxidation resistance at vaping temperatures so make a good option for temp control based wire setups.
Kanthal A1 Wires do not work with temperature control so are for Wattage based setups only. They have particularly good oxidation resistance at high temperatures so provide a great solution for making wire heaters which need to run hot. This is the material we would suggest is used for setups such as the StemPod Si.
Wire Types SS316L
- SS36L 26 Gauge Round Wire - 30ft - 1.07Ω/ft - £3.50 - Plain round wire, 26 gauge/0.45mm wire for regular builds.
- SS316L 24 Gauge Round Wire - 30 ft - 1.7Ω/ft - £3.50 - Plain round wire, 24 gauge/0.51mm thick wire for regular builds.
- SS316L 200 Mesh Wire - 5ft - 1.2Ω/ft - £4.50 - This stainless steel mesh wire has a 200 micron weave and is well suited for making mesh wire coil setups for the TRVP. Mesh setups can produce more vapour than other wire coil setups as they have a huge amount of surface area. This mesh can also be used in the TRVP to make a backup heater for your DynaVap as is shown in the photo. This style of wire is not ideal for wrapping Quartz or Porous Ceramic Rods due to the twisted shape.
- SS316L Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Wire - 10ft - 2.37Ω/ft - £5.50 - This wire is made from 2 x 30 gauge wires wrapped with one 38 gauge wire, these are really great for detailed or complex builds. Ideal for plaited style coils. Also suitable with most MTL setups.
- SS316L Twisted Fused Clapton Wire - 10ft - 1.70Ω/ft - £6 - This stainless steel wire is made from 2 x 28 gauge wires wrapped around 1 x 30 ga wire, it has a large surface area and due to the internally wrapped core provides thick warm clouds of vapour when used in an RDA.
- SS316L Stagger Fused Clapton Wire - 10 ft - 0.85Ω/ft - £8 - This is really special wire, it has a more open build which is made from 1 x 26 and 1 x 32ga wires stagger wrapped with 2 x 32 ga wire. Stagger wraps go around both wires, then each wire, then both wires alternately. Stagger Fused clapton wire provides similar vapour production to Twisted clapton but with a little extra vapour and flavour.
- SS316L Juggernaut Fused Clapton Wire - 10ft -1.52Ω/ft - £8 - This is the largest type of wire available and provides most vapour production or heat retention, making for large clouds of warm vapour. It has two internal cores. This Juggernaut wire consists of 2 x 28 gauge wires, each wrapped with 1 x 37 ga wire, these are then set parallel and wrapped with 1 x 24 ga wire ribbon which hold them together.
Kanthal A1 Wires
- Kanthal A1 Twisted Fused Clapton Wire - 10ft- 3.35Ω/ft - £6 - This is the same as the SS316L Twisted clapton wire (2 x 28 gauge wires wrapped around 1 x 30 ga wire), but made from Kanthal A1. It makes a high quality alternative to the regular heater wire used for the StemPod Si as it has an internal core which retains more heat while allowing for lots of airflow. We like to use this at around 47-49W with 6 spaced coil wraps and airflow open max 1/4, using Method 3 on the StemPod Si page.
- Kanthal A1 Juggernaut Fused Clapton Wire - 10ft - 2.77Ω/ft - £8 - This is the same style as the SS Juggernaut wire (2 x 28 gauge wires, each wrapped with 1 x 37 ga wire, these are then set parallel and wrapped with 1 x 24 ga wire ribbon which hold them together). Being larger wire with more surface area it makes for a high quality upgrade to the original StemPod Si wire coils. We like to use this on the StemPod Si with 6 spaced coil wraps at 54-58W with the airflow around half open using Method 3 on the StemPod page. This is our preferred heater wire.
Coil builders should be aware of all aspects of vape safety and have a good general knowledge of vaping and ohms law especially if using unregulated box mods.