Limited Deal - we were accidentally sent SSV2s with the 220V EU Plugs instead of 220V UK plug setups. So instead of shipping these back across the Atlantic to then be replaced, we have purchased EU to UK plug adapters and will ship these units with these at a discounted cost!
The most versatile desktop vaporizer from Elev8. The Super Surfer 2.0 (SSV2) Baller Series is a full power desktop vaporizer which has been set up for direct inhale or forced air extraction methods for filling bags... or if you just want to spray your face with vapor! The SSVs has approximately a 0.4g capacity, though it can be loaded with less, or more!
Upgraded from the original, this is the Baller Series SSV2 which makes use of 6mm Ruby balls which surround the heater. The Ruby balls add significantly more thermal mass to the heater and provide more power than would otherwise be possible. This setup allows for maximum versatility within the temperature range without the risk of combustion while inhaling gently while allowing enough airflow for the forced air setup (see the SSV Baller Series if you want a combustion capable setup - the SSV2 will only combust in forced air mode if set too high).
For native use simply grind your herb (a medium grind is best to avoid too many particles passing through the mesh screen), then suck some up into the herb chamber section of the glass wand. This can then be held against the glass heater housing while you inhale or attached in place using the metal hands free attachment, always inhale gently for the best results. Used natively the SSV2 can also be paired up with just about any glass rig using a whip adapter (available separately) or can be set up with a Vapor Tamer to provide additional cooling, though for most people the provided Vinyl hose and glass mouthpiece will provide just about the right level of cooling. After a couple of inhales it's best to stir your herb using the provided Stainless Steel Pick to ensure you get the most even extraction. We suggest starting at around 2 o'clock on the glass dial, then turning it up as desired, this is preferable to setting it too high and scorching your herb!
If you're only using a little herb in the wand (around 0.1g just enough to cover the mesh screen), we recommend giving the herb a gentle tamp against the screen to ensure its stays put and the air goes though it evenly. The SQP scoop and tamper is ideal for this if you don't have something already.
For use with bags, set up the the Super Surfer 2.0 with the bag assembly parts, this video by Elev8 is recommended watching to avoid confusion here. Once set up you can easily fill and remove your bag for inhalations, then easily replace and refill the bag as desired! When using bags with the Baller Series we recommend always turning the fan up to full and the glass heat dial to no higher than 12 o-clock until you have gauged how quickly this cooks your herb. Between bag fills always remove the glass wand and stir your herb.
Filling the Heater Cover with Balls
- The easiest way to fill the heater cover with the provided Ruby Balls is firstly to ensure your SSV2 is switched off, unplugged and cold!
- Set the SSV2 on your lap so that the heater cover is upright
- Gently pour in the provided bag of 6mm Ruby Balls, ensuring you don't overfill it and can easily place the provided glass cap in place
- For the best performance you want to fill no higher than the top of the ceramic heater
- Pop the provided glass cap into the top of the heater cover
- Put your SSV2 back in place onto a table, plug in, turn the dial to 2 o'clock (rather too cool than too hot!) and give it around 15 minutes to heat up!
- Vape away!
- Check out the Portavb Universal Debowler, a great solution for emptying your bowl after vaping!
Other bits and bobs
- The Super Surfer 2.0 comes with mood lighting which can be turned on or off and adjusted to provide a range of different colours. A nice touch to add some ambiance to your vaping session.
- Provided with all SSV2s is an aroma top for essential oils and wax melts (not concentrates!). This is a metal attachment with a glass dish which sits on top of the device and is heated with the ambient heat from the device. Great for covering smells or generally adding a nice aroma to the room you're vaping in!
- The full manual page by Elev8 also has loads of extra info and can be found here.
- The footprint (space required) by the SSV is approximately 140mm wide, 200mm long and 180mm tall without the Aroma Top installed. Though we suggest giving it a little more space for attaching the wand or bag assembly setup.
Included - Letter codes align with parts list in image 4
- Super Surfer 2.0 (220v UK Variant)
- Stainless Steel Pick (a)
- Glass Mouthpiece (b)
- 3ft Food Grade Vinyl Tube (c)
- Spherical Flavor Disc Wand (d)
- Vapor Bag Sleeve (e)
- Vapor Valve Wand (f)
- Valve Assembly (Silicone 1 pcs + Elev8 Glass Valve Inner) (g)
- Vapor Bag Mouthpiece (h)
- Vapor Bag Bowl (i)
- 20.8mm Screen Pack (j)
- Hands Free Attachment (k)
- Coconut Oil (La)
- End Bag Seal (Lb)
- 2 Sick Clips (Lc)
- Extra Silicone Valve Sleeve (Ld)
- Flavor Disc 17mm (Le)
- Aroma Top - 1 x Boro Glass Dish + 1 x Black Aluminium Attachment (with wax melt sample) (m)
- 10 Feet of Vapor Bag (n)
- Hempster Carrying Bag (o)
- 6mm Ruby Balls (not pictured)
- Crafted Cap for Heater Cover (not pictured)
- Installed Baller Series Heater Cover (not pictured in parts diagram)
- Only fill to the top of the ceramic heater so that you can still see the white ceramic top. If there's a little space left above and you have some balls left that's OK!
- Slow inhales work better than fast inhales
- Please ensure your wand is making full contact with the heater cover when using the Hands Free attachment, as the glass is handmade your Hands Free attachment might need a little adjustment to provide the same connection as it would when the wand is held manually against the housings
- Ensure your Heater cover is filled with balls to around the top of the heater, if it's too low you won't get the same performance
- Give the heater time to charge the balls before use, they're large so this can take 15-20 minutes, to speed this up you can turn the heater to full power for 10 mins then turn it down to the desired setting.
Comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty. Please register your device here!
If you ever need to adjust your housing, always remove the balls first or you risk damaging the heater cover and heater due to the balls being packed inside!