The Thermal Twist Ball-less, was designed by us in collaboration with Crossing Tech to bring a highly effective and competitively priced injector vape to the market (we will also make a diffuser bowl as there's plenty of heat for conduction!).
Removing the need for balls entirely we have designed this with vortex airflow and a metal core! Available in either SS316 Stainless Steel or Grade 2 Titanium. The Vortex airflow removes the need to stir your bowl when used with around 0.1.5-0.2g loads as the hot air does the work for you, removing one additional step while vaping! Just load in a one SQP of herb, place the housing on the bowl, inhale, then watch it spin up and settle in to place! There's no need to tamp your bowl as the airflow will do this for you too! Due to the spinning airflow the Thermal Twist also makes an excellent micro-doser, happily vaporizing down to around 0.05g (we haven't tested with less... it would still vape less).
Designed with a simplified user experience in mind, the Thermal Twist comes fully set up with a handle installed on the heater coil and the housing fully set up, making for a plug and play experience without the possibility of spilling balls (as there are none) or mis-installing the handle during setup! Plug the heater into the front of the PID, the power adapter/plug into the back, turn it on, set your temp and it's ready to go (initial burn off cycle advisable)! The Stand has been designed to provide minimal contact with the housing, meaning the heat stays where it should be, inside the housing and not being transferred into your stand, or worse, into the surface below!
Capable of providing anything between low temp terpy hits, to thick clouds. The Thermal Twist has fairly fast vapor production and exceptionally smooth vapor!
This kit comes with everything needed to get started, aside from a glass Rig or Bubbler (optionally available) and herb.
Suggested set temperature range on the PID: 280- 390c (526f-734f) but as with everything... use it as you like it!
- Titanium provides slightly better flavour and is a lighter weight material
- Stainless Steel provides slightly smoother vapor
- Thermal Twist Injector (Choose 316 Stainless Steel or GR2 Titanium)
- Crossing Technology Micro PID (1c/1f) (CE/ROHS Certified)
- 20mm Heater Coil with Silicone Handle Pre-installed (220v)
- Pre-installed Heat Guard for the Thermal Twist Housing
- Glass Bowl with a Side-Carb (approx. 0.4g max capacity) - 14.4mm Male Joint Bowl
- 14.4mm to 18.8mm Male Adapter
- Keck Clip
- Steel Stand
- SQP - Scoop and Tamper
- Wood Cleaning Brush
- Spare Screens
- UK 3-pin Plug
- Instructions Sheet
- Optional 2.0 version Chugga-Jug Bubbler
- We provide a one year warranty on the PID controller and Heater Coil.
- Broken glassware should be reported on arrival. Please photograph this in it's packaging so improvements can be made where required.
- If using the 14mm bowl with the keck clip and 18mm adapter, when you install the 14mm bowl into the 18mm joint give it a little push and twist to help the two joints lock together, then install the keck clip. This will help prevent the joints rotating unintentionally
- Unless using this setup with the diffuser bowl (not included, coming soon) it is not advisable to leave the Thermal Twist housing on the bowl. Place the housing on the bowl, inhale, remove the housing setup and place it safely on the stand
- To avoid the herb being additionally compacted there is a side carb/stopper integrated into the bowl, you can remove this stopper to assist in clearing the bubbler of excess vapor
- The Heat Guard extends past the bottom of the injector housing for maximum protection, this also helps align the bottom of the injector housing into your bowl for added convenience and makes it very hard to miss! We only mention this as those of you who are already using injector vapes will be unused to this system as with most devices you have to watch closely to ensure the injector is neatly placed into the bowl.
- Check out the Portavb Universal Debowler, a great solution for emptying your bowl after vaping!
- The Thermal Twist works really nicely with hash (not bubble), if you double up the mesh screens then break up the material small but not too finely and place some on the top screen it's pretty effective.
- The Diffuser bowl (coming soon) is also great as you can place some into the screen, then place another screen on top to trap it inside the bottom screen. With a little heat soak especially this is highly effective.
Please perform a burn off cycle on the housing before installed. Once set up, set your PID to 380C (734f) and allow any manufacture residues to burn off. Give it 5 minutes before first use.
The Thermal Twist can be used with the 18mm C/C Quartz Cap vaporizer by the rogue wax works. Just pop the housing over the top of the glass chamber section and use your Quartz Cap vaporizer as a diffuser style bowl! With or without heat soak! If heat soaking you can adjust the mesh screen inside the Quartz Cap chamber so that it sits higher up for a full hybrid experience. You will want to reduce the temps on your pid by around 70-100c if doing this.
We are working on a diffuser bowl for the Thermal Twist... but in the meantime... this goes... It really goes!
I am very satisfied I got the bubbler combo and its been great
This is my first desktop vape, I love it. The convenience of using this over portables has been a game changer for me, I much prefer the workflow of the 18mm bowl and bong vs stems and batteries.
It's a heavy hitter too, easily far more than my TM2 (which I also love). It works really well with small or larger doses.
Matt put together a fantastic package here, the little attention to details like the coil guard, the scoop, the heat stand that doesn't get hot. He's thought of everything.
Paired with the Chugger is amazing and my goto setup.
Absolutely love this thing, after several decades of smoking my tolerance has gone through the roof and actually feeling stoned is not easy, then I discovered this vape! Don’t get me wrong I used to smoke pure joints and I dab regularly in fact I also love my crossing core 2.1 erig bought from Matt and the guys here but this desktop vape blows everything else out of the water, I’ve never tried a ball vape but I won’t need to now, I get huge clouds of vapour from this and man does it hit hard! Got this ten days ago and I’ve been comfortably stoned every night since, I love it I can’t stress that enough haha I will never again combust that’s me well and truly converted, stop burning your flower and buy this, the difference in high from the same amount of product is genuinely staggering it truly is take it from a veteran smoker, this is the way!
Thanks for the review, that's really great news it's helped you kick combustion too, that's really good to hear and quite the accolade!
My first ball style vape and I was shocked how much vapour it produces and the avb was still very light after 4 massive clouds, thinking of getting the vapvana as well but can't really see the point as this dose the job so well
This is absolutely brilliant,no hesitation in recommending it at all,great bit of kit