The Screwball (The GOAT) by VapVana has been meticulously designed to be what is currently the heaviest hitting diffuser style dry herb vaporizer on the market. It can be run as either a convection heavy or as true hyrbid setup, making use of convection (hot air) and conduction (hot surface) if the bowl is left to heat soak for around 15 seconds!
The Screwball has the fastest extractions and runs at the lowest and most accurate temperatures, so when you set the numbers on the PID they're almost identical to the actual vaping temperatures making it very easy to use and fine tune. The Flavour is the best we've come across from a full titanium setup and the temperature accuracy means it even rivals the all glass/quartz setups which are currently available. Initial heat time is around 3 minutes and there is no need to allow it to recharge between inhales due to the extended housing and coil design.
As mentioned the Screwball can be used as more of a convection vape if you place the housing on the bowl and inhale straight away, or you can turn the temps down, heat soak the bowl and use it as a hybrid! Due to the thickness, or thinness, of the Titanium bowl it provides the fastest heat soak of any hybrid diffuser vape currently on the market.
The Screwball comes as a full kit with everything you need to get started and is fully set up from the factory making basically plug and play! No need to mess around loading in rubies, installing a handle or anything else. Just plug the coil into the PID controller, the PID controller into the power outlet, set the temperature and wait for it to heat!
Having gone through many prototype iterations it is very finely tuned and well set up, with machining tolerances to envy. The bowl capacity is around 0.3-0.4g with a ridge set into the middle of the bowl to allow for half packs of around 0.15-0.2g for those of you who'd prefer to use a little less. For the absolute best performance it's advisable to keep your herb level with the top of the bowl, so if you prefer to use less, adjusting the screen to the relevant height is highly recommended.
Making use of a custom size 25mm Heater Coil, a housing filled with gemstone cut rubies and a wide shallow Titanium bowl which fits up inside the housing, the ScrewBall provides the fastest extractions of any diffuser (or ball vape) on the market. This makes for almost instantiations and thick vapor production with the ability to clear the entire bowl contents in one large inhale when run at the higher end of the suggested temperature range. The stand has also been designed to provide minimal contact with the heated housing so that the heat stays where it should be, inside the housing, making for an especially thermally stable setup.
The Screwball provides very free flowing airflow for natural inhales without much restriction at all, if you prefer a little more restriction running it through a bubbler which provides this is advisable. Being such a finely tuned setup, the glassware you run this through can make a significant difference to the overall experience. We advise using a medium grind with this vaporizer to allow the airflow to pass through the herb for maximum performance, a fine grind can also be used, though for perfection in this instance we suggest giving the bowl a little heat soak of around 15 seconds before inhaling.
Loading and settings
- The suggested temperature range for this vaporizer is between 440-500F or 226-260C. You can use it at temperatures as low as 420F or 215C especially with longer heat soaks. We would not advise going higher than 545F or 285C as you risk combustion, at these higher temperatures do not heat soak the bowl.
- Always load the Screwball bowl to the rim, then adjust the herb with the included SQP (Scoop and Tamper) to ensure none is sticking up above the rim.
- The same applies if using the Screwball bowl set up as a half pack, as mentioned this is advisable to get the best experience if it's being used with smaller loads.
- You can tamp the Screwball bowl, but only do this very gently. Tamping will make for even faster initial vapor production and the ability to load a little more inside, however if you tamp too hard and create a puck inside, the bottom herb will be slightly lighter than the top unless you give the bowl a little heat soak before inhaling.
- Maintenance here is very easy...
- When residue starts to build up inside the bowl this can be very easily wiped off with a q-tip, do this while the bowl is still warm after use and you can avoid the need to soak it in ISO or use any cleaning solvents.
- After some time residues will start to build up in the herb chamber section of the bowl. To remove this you can use a q-tip soaked in ISO to wipe it off or you can pop the bowl (remove the handle and screen first) in ISO for an hour, then then wipe it off.
- If using solvents always allow the bowl to dry fully before use.
- Using the included brush you can easily keep the screen free of residues for a long time. When it starts to clog up simply pop it out and replace it, or if you have a blowtorch lighter you can hold the screen with tweezers, torch it until the residues have turned white, then when it's cooled brush it off and pop it back into your bowl!
- The housing does not need to be cleaned. Though like most devices, before first use it's a good idea to turn the PID up to 280C and leave it for 10 minutes, just to ensure any residues from manufacture or packing have been burned off. Then turn it back down to vaping temperatures.
Kit Contents (With or Without PID Kits Available)
- Screwball housing (Grade 2 Titanium) with gemstone cut Rubies inside
- 25mm custom heater coil with handle installed (the housing also comes installed in the coil) (220V) - CE + ROHS Certified
- Titanium Bowl with half pack ridge for smaller loads with a stainless steel mesh screen and wooden handle (installed) - 18.8mm male joint
- Stainless Steel stand
- No PID Kit or with PID Controller (1F-1C adjustable) with UK 3-Pin plug (set up for Celsius for UK kits) - CE and ROHS Certfied
- SQP (Scoop and tamper)
- Wooden cleaning brush
- Pack of Screens
- Optional Chugga-Jug bubbler
If selecting the No PID kit please ensure you have a compatible PID controller, these are Cannabis Hardware, Auber, Disorderly Conduction and 710.
- The Screwball comes with a 100 day guarantee, if you're not happy with the kit you can return it within 100 days of purchase, providing it has been purchased directly or from an authorized retailer such as ourselves.
- Please complete the warranty form linked in the Vapvana Shipping and Returns section. Vapvana will confirm the return eligibility with you then contact us to confirm, at which point you can return the kit to us for a full refund. You only need to cover the return shipping costs and ensure that the full kit is returned in its original packaging, clean and free of residues as detailed in the Vapvana returns linked above. Once we have the kit back and have checked it is all there in appropriate condition we can issue the refund.
- This policy does not cover any item lost, stolen, dropped or water damaged.
- The Screwball also comes with a Vapvana backed Lifetime warranty for the PID controller and heater coils. Please check out the information section "Lifetime warranty claims" for full details, this is displayed in the shipping and returns section linked above. There is also a link to the warranty/returns form on that page.
Things to note
- Don't put your Screwball housing on a Cannabis Hardware stand. It might get stuck.
- Perform a burn off cycle by setting your device to 500f/260c and leaving it for 5 minutes before first use.
- This kit makes use of a thin Titanium bowl which heat soaks very quickly. As materials heat they expand, especially so if you are heat soaking the bowl for longer periods or at higher temperatures. After a short heat soak, like all titanium bowls, the joint may become stuck in your glassware briefly until it has cooled. Do not force it out or you risk damaging your glassware.
- We would always advise people use a glass adapter or ash catcher in between the bowl and rig as if you're feeling impatient this whole top setup can be removed from your rig together, providing the ability to empty and reload the bowl sooner. At worst heat expansion can cause the bowl to expand into and then crack your glass rig, so having a less precious piece of glass between the two is always a recommended!
- Based on feedback from the early adopters it is very clear that this is a very powerful vaporizer, which for some people is a little too much due to the speed of vapor production and thickness of the vapor. If you're not looking for something which has this level of power we suggest checking out a different setup such as our Thermal Twist, which is a little gentler.
- Check out the Portavb Universal Debowler, a great solution for emptying your bowl after vaping!
Screwball (Baseball) definition "A screwball is a baseball and fastpitch softball pitch that is thrown so as to break in the opposite direction of a slider or curveball."
Screwball - screw balls. Gemstone cut rubies provide better performance when set up in an appropriate setup! More surface area, more thermal contact and heat transfer between the rubies, housing and into your herb!
For the many who have asked, yes we did help with provide feedback, development and design suggestions during the prototype phases of this vaporizer to help make it the best it could be and better than pretty much everything else. The conception and overall design is down to VapVana. And yes, we think he absolutely nailed it!
I can't say enough good things about this vape. The vapour produced is excellent and very smooth. I got the pidless version and have no problems using with my pid. I was using an injector ball vape before and the screwball is producing as much vapour from 1 SQP as my injector did from a 2 SQP bowl and does it at much lower temps than I would use before. I can easily completely extract a full bowl in one hit. Best "ball" vape I have used. Coming to the screwball from an injector I just got to remember to remove the diffuser from the bowl after my hit so it doesn't keep cooking😉one piece of advice I would give is to try and resist the urge to open the top to see the rubies, the chamber is very full and they are incredibly small and hard to find if you drop a couple😁
Great bit of kit and amazing service from rec vapes as always (I received my order less than 24 hrs after ordering) Thank you Recvapes for another perfect purchase.
What a brilliant device, It hits like an absolute beast. I have the ceroma and two flowerpots and at 485 degrees this thing owns them all, no contest, those heads just entered retirement. Just vaped a .7 bowl in one go, it produces massive sub-ohm ecig type clouds and results in a perfectly even roast. The only learning curve is the heat soak. it's a must IMO if you want to rip any sized bowl in one. I let the pid catch up to about 10 degrees under the set temp during heatsoak (my pid drops about 30 degrees f when you put the head on the bowl) then I start to rip it. By the time i done woth my draw the pid is back at the set temp and the bowl is entirely vaporized. Consistent results every single time. I can't see how it can get much better than this tbh. Not for the faint hearted thats fir sure!
Shout to Matt, great service as always and thanks for the merch ;) you are a 🌟
Thanks for the review, really pleased you're getting on well with it! I'm guessing you must have tamped it pretty well to get 0.7 in a bowl! Just for anyone reading, this was a pid free kit so the customer is using their own PID. I mention this just for clarity because the ones which come with it have a stable target temperature which doesn't change when the housing is placed on the bowl. Thanks again!
Pre-sales, after-sales, advice etc. are all top notch, great company to deal with!
Coming from a CH B-zero, by way of a B-2, and every expectation met or exceeded with the Screwball. The PID may take getting used to, if coming from another type, but actually once you get used to it, it's very effective, in particular in heating up to temp, but needs another minute to two minutes to stabilise, and the display doesn't make that obvious (it stays at the set temperature). So it's not as responsive on the temperature display, but far faster to heat up, so not better or worse, but different. Otherwise, the quality of the kit all round is amazing for such an entry-level price. Get about the best in top-end vaping, for a very high-value low-cost package. Zero regret's apart from not finding this the first time round! ;o)
P.S. The SQP's a great addition!
Well what can I say apart from it's. Superb, I've got an extensive collection of maybe 30 plus different vapes from the m plus to the venty ,but this screwball has blown them all out of the game.. it gives clouds at 235c without combustion. I'd recommend this vape and this company to anyone. It's always a quick delivery and great communication. In short buy one you won't regret it.
My first order at Recommended Vape Supplies and the customer service was excellent. Thank you Matt.
The Vapvana Screwball is my first ball vape and I love it so much I bought a second one. I love the low temp hits it gives me I start at 230c and finish at 245c-250c. Fantastic terpy hits at low temps and the avb is all the same colour, total extraction. The only thing I noticed is the mesh screen is not sitting flat on the clip.