Available in white or black, the DC Gen 2 Dry Herb Vape is a fully ceramic dry herb vape which provides excellent performance and for a long time has been our go to full conduction vaporizer
The Gen 2 Herb Vape outclasses many much more expensive vapes, providing great flavour with smooth vapour all with short heat times. The DC Gen 2 is best when used with an Arctic Fox based mod with 60 second autofire enabled since this allows for the simplest user experience, we can help set this up providing you have the stock firmware menus.
At the lower temp range these make nice session vapes, at the higher end of the range they act more like a dynavap producing large powerful hits, vapourising the material with a few big draws.
Before first use put your coil onto wattage mode and heat at 30W for 15 seconds to burn off any residue left over from manufacture. It is best to do this after locking the resistance in your TCR mode settings to retain you cold/baseline reading.
We use this vaporizer at TCR 340 at 40W for a 10-15 second heat time. It is still best to pre-heat your material a bit longer (we wait 20 seconds) to produce larger clouds and a more thorough bake.
If buying with spare coils we'd suggest getting one only as these last a very long time!
- Around 0.08-0.12g - density dependent.
- Grind dry herb loosely - medium to course grind is best. Needs to be larger than the air holes.
- Take a big pinch and gently pack chamber filling almost to the top. Don't over pack the chamber or grind too fine or you'll reduce the airflow too significantly. These are the main points for effective use. You only want the cap to hold the herb in place, not to compress it.
- For full packed chambers poke a hole through the centre of the packed material with the provided mini screwdriver (this step makes a big difference to vapour production and even cooking of material). You can gently rotate the screwdriver as you push it through the herb to make it a little easier. If you pull the herb out of place when removing the screwdriver, quickly poke it down again with the handle and make the whole again, it should now stay in place when removing the screwdriver.
- Replace cap.
- Heat for 15-20 seconds or until your set temp has been reached. Longer pre-heats and higher temperatures will produce more vapour.
- Draw air gently through the atomizer.
- Do this while material is still warm to avoid any becoming stuck.
- Remove top cap
- Turn atomizer upside down and gently remove herb plug with mini screwdriver.
- Brush chamber, or blow into it to remove excess. If blowing shut your eyes or you'll blow material into them (been there).
- Wipe mouthpiece air holes every time so they stay clear (super important for good airflow). You can sharply blow through it to help clear these.
- That's it! Super low maintenance vape.
For TCR based mods TCR 300-345 @ 30W. 180-240C (max, dry material may combust at 240C). Coil resistance is around 0.71-0.74 ohms.
We prefer using TCR 340 @ 40W between 190-215C. Coils theoretically won't last as long but we've run it this way for almost a year now without any replacement needed.
Use discount code "minibundle" when buying any mod and atomizer together for 5% off these products.
fullbundlediscount - 5% off when purchasing any atomizer, water tool and mod box together.
Water tool adapters are available here. These have a glass adapter which also stays cooler than the original mouthpiece so can be used as a replacement for th is too.
Spare heaters are available here. These occasionally need replacing, depending how carefully and gently you clean the atomizer/coils will generally dictate their lifespan. They can be expected to last at least three months (often much longer) with regular use and careful care.
In the box
- 1 x G2 Atomizer with Silicone mouthpiece (white or black)
- Cleaning tool
- Mini screwdriver
- 5 extra screws
- Instruction Manual
This Atomizer/Diffuser requires a regulated mod box capable of sub ohm vaping.
I have found that setting the Ni temp control to 350F/39W with a warm up of 15 seconds before taking a draw works best for small doses. The coil terminals & connection terminals could be more sturdy along with an increased air flow would be a significant improvement. Apart from these few minor flaws this herbal vape is a gem which is much needed in a market saturated with expensive junk.
Got this as I already have a mod and it was worth a go.
Am not disappointed with it at all. It works well once you have the technique for the mod down (No arctic fox here). It does need a stir to get the most out of it, like most vapes.
As recommended, get both heat sinks, I just got the 22mm to start and it works well, but after a few bowls it gets quite hot (heat sink does its job and is not too hot to touch, but with the 24mm one as well its only just warm).
Icing on the cake is that it looks so subtle, no odd looks from people when out and about!
Took a few goes to get used to but it does what it's supposed to. Pulsing at 40w is easiest.
Tidy bit of kit. Does the job, but will perform much better if you have a TCR or non-timeout device. Can definitely get it pumping with wattage mode alone though. Very sturdy, and great fun for tinkerers/ ritualistic smokers who like to spend more time messing around with their kit than using it. Very cool stuff. Being rebuildable makes it that much better.
if i could change anything, some small rubber grommets for the screws would be great. The unit gets hot, but you have to expect that. Overall, does what it says on the tin and looks good doing it. Much stealthier than some vapes which may perform better for a higher price but always seem to have some sort of glass tube sticking out of them leaving passers by wondering exactly what you're burning. For £30 you cant ask for any more from a dry-head. Would rather leave this on the train by accident than a mighty or similar expensive vape. Perfect with a 510 adapter for snap on / snap off utility while out for a wander with a drag s / x.
Takes quite a bit to get used to the settings etc. but is a decent little unit for the price.
Outperforms a lot of more expensive vapes.
Can't see it being my daily driver but Its alright for a quick bang out n about.
And it looks sexy so there's that.